At present almost every business are having its website and is investing in digital marketing. It has become an essential requirement for a brand to get global exposure and increase revenue.
Several companies are hiring their digital marketing teams, while some are taking the help of SEO agencies, to rank their website at the top.
When it comes to ranking a website, SEO Audit Tools are probably vital necessities for businesses investing in digital marketing or freelancers working on SEO.
SEO Audits have become a powerful strategy for online businesses and professional SEO services providers. It’s a time-saving and cost-effective process for checking your site for a wide range of issues including technical issues. After all, you need to make sure that your website is getting the best possible rankings.
The internet is getting a lot more competitive than ever. That’s why it is important to always stay abreast of new tools and resources available on the internet, which can help identify problems before they affect your business. But to prepare and conduct a complete audit of your site, it’s important to check what kind of tools are available so that you know which one suits your needs best.
If you are looking for better website analysis, you’re in the right place. We’ve summarized 8 powerful SEO audit tools that will help you to analyze and improve your website’s SEO.
Let’s check out those tools.
Semrush will be at the top of our list for SEO audit tools.
It is one of the popular advanced application-packed SEO tools that specializes in traffic analytics, keyword research, competitor analysis, link building, content optimization, and more.
It would not be any wrong to say SEMrush is an all-in-one suite providing all solutions for digital marketing.
- Checks over 130 technical and SEO issues on websites.
- The advanced filters allow the sorting of pages and audit results.
- SEO issues are categorized into three groups, based on their priority:
- Errors, Warnings, and Notices.
- Provides a solution to fixing the error.
- Graphs are displayed to illustrate SEO audit results.
- Allows exporting the complete analytical reports in Excel Format.
Although it has a premium version, thankfully SEMrush allows conducting free SEO audits for 100 websites. Its premium subscription comes in three plans:
Next comes to our list is Ahrefs. It’s another advanced SEO toolset that offers a site explorer, keyword explorer, Content explorer, and rank tracker along with an excellent SEO audit tool.
Ahrefs audit tool can recognize more than 110 technical issues, starting from critical to low priority. The best part of this tool is its dashboard. It’s quite convenient and easy to understand. You can get a complete report of the problems related to your websites like broken pages, Hreflang tags, improper HTML tags, and poor word counts, including performance issues.
- Covers more than 110 technical SEO issues like backlinks, duplicates, hreflang, pagination and more.
- Crawls the desktop and mobile versions of your website.
- Gives you an overview of crawl activity in real-time.
- Enables you to schedule automatic site crawls on a monthly, weekly or daily basis.
- Provides recommendations on how to fix the issues.
You will get free limited access to its site audit tools by signing up for Ahrefs Webmaster Tools. Whereas its premium version comes in four plans having different features.
Woorank is one amazing SEO audit tool that helps you to track the SEO performance of your website.
It presents you with a detailed analysis of On-Page and Off-Page SEO, Broken links, backlinks and the performance of your website. Along with that, it suggests your recommendation to improve the visibility and ranking of your website.
Its fast and easy-to-use site audit features enable you to generate an instant audit report for your website.
- It provides a detailed analysis of a website’s performance to a user so that they can formulate and implement better strategies to improve their website performance and ranking.
- It has a simple user interface that saves you time in finding your key metrics.
- It highlights the checklist for the site issues that are easy to follow.
- It allows exporting the detailed report in a pdf format.
Although having a premium plan, it provides a web extension that is completely free to use. It has three premium plans
Enterprise: Price is based on the requirement.
#4: SE Ranking
Next comes to our list is SE Ranking. It is one of the best tools that will not only audit your website but will recommend you with a list of tasks that your development, designer, or content team could look into. Apart from site audit, it focuses on keyword research, backlink tracking, on-page analysis, PPC research, and social media management.
SE Ranking tool checks more than 70 issues on your websites like domain overview, content, image attributes, meta, mobile optimization, and many more.
The best part of this tool is that it lists out all the errors in a single report, with easy-to-understand tips.
- Tracks your overall progress by dynamically comparing website audit instances.
- Recommends actionable tips on resolving SEO issues.
- Analyzes the internal links within your website in detail.
- Checks for meta tags that are missing or duplicated on a page.
- Analyzes your index status.
Although a 14-day free trial is available, you need to upgrade it later. Its subscription comes in three plans.
How can we forget GTmetrix?
Our list of SEO audit tools will seem incomplete without adding this tool. Although it’s not a website crawler, It gives information about one of the most important SEO ranking factors.
GTmetrix analyses the performance of your website and gives a list of actionable recommendations to improve your page loading speed.
It covers around 25 SEO performance parameters like first contentful paint, speed index, interactive time, blocking time, and others. You can use these parameters to identify the possible issues that might affect your page performance.
- Checks the performance of your page on 44 servers in 22 different locations.
- Performance is simulated on over 20 different mobile devices and variants.
- This tool displays four graphs displaying performance metrics – Web Vitals, Page Timings, Page Size & Request Counts, and Performance/Structure scores.
- Analyzes user experience metrics.
- Evaluates web pages using Google Lighthouse.
Its basic plan is completely free for 30 weekly on-demand tests. However, there are three other subscription plans available, where you avail of additional features.
Next comes to our list is Seoptimer. It’s a free audit tool that performs a detailed SEO analysis of around 100 data points of your website and provides recommended tips to improve it. Seoptimers provide a clear, actionable, and prioritised list of recommendations that is easy to understand.
Its simple and clear report is helpful for small business owners. They can easily understand and improve their website performance and ranking without spending money with agencies.
Apart from SEO audit, it gives a wide range of free tools like backlink checker, keyword generator, and sitemap generator that can help you to improve your site.
- Gives a complete analysis of reports like SEO score, usability, performance and security.
- It gives a quick report.
- Several free tools are available, that can help you to boost your site performance.
- Quickly create editable SEO reports for your websites or clients.
- Generate a pdf of your website SEO audit report in less than a minute.
The best part of this tool is it’s free. Although free, it has three premium plans.
DIY SEO: $19/Month
White Label: $29/Month
White Label & Embedding: $59/Month
#7: SEO Site Checkup
SEO Site Checkup is another SEO audit tool used by over 5,000 webmasters. You can use this tool for checking your backlinks, keyword monitoring, competitor analysis, along with auditing SEO issues.
In the audit report, you can find out issues affecting your structured data, canonical tags, SPF records, mobile usability, robots.txt, page loading speeds, and others.
It gives clear information about the issues found on the website and provides solutions along with a video format to fix those errors.
The audit report is categorised into three groups based on the priority like passed checks, failed checks, and warnings. Along with that, it provides the SEO score of your site.
- Provides a complete analysis of your site’s loading speeds, and uptime.
- Analyzes the most common problems with SEO.
- Gives you video tutorials for resolving each SEO issue.
- Checks the quality and quantity of backlinks pointing to your website.
- Maintains weekly SEO variables across more than 30 variables automatically.
It comes up with three subscription plans, along with a free trial.
Our list for SEO Audit tools will be found to be something missing without including Sitechecker. It’s an all-in-one SEO tool that combines all the data in one place and helps you to track the performance of your site.
Besides SEO audit, Sitechecker analyzes your search performance regularly and updates your to-do list based on changes made to your website, rankings and backlinks.
It has an amazing chrome extension, that will give you an overall analysis of SEO ranking factors.
- Track your keywords accurately with clear keyword reports.
- You can analyze and monitor all the backlinks that you have built on your website.
- Check on-page SEO for any landing pages by using its chrome extension.
- Has a user-friendly dashboard
- Provides a detailed guide to improving your site health.
You will get a free trial of 7 days with this tool. After which you need to upgrade the plan. It comes up with 4 subscription plans.
Though there are numerous audit tools available in the market today, we have made your task easy by providing you with some of the best SEO audit tools that have rocked the Internet marketing industry.
While there are a number of free online tools to help you manage your SEO campaign, nothing beats the value you get from subscription-based paid tools. They offer a variety of features and customizations that the free ones might not, which is why most businesses choose them.
If you are still confused about the SEO of your website. No worries Gloify will love to assist you. Our marketing experts will help you to rank your website at the top of the Search Engine Result page. Don’t wait till your competitors occupy your web position. Contact Us today.