The Project Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Project Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Perform product demos to customers
- Develop sales tools and collateral
- Propose an overall timeline to ensure development
- Act as a leader within the company
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding the Customer
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Project Manager or Product Manager
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- 1+ years of experience in a job in the IT services market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority