Progressive Web Apps increases the user experience that have the reach of the web, and are:
- Reliable – Load instantly and never show the downasaur, even in uncertain network conditions. The probably interact with the local storage and environment during such situations.
- Fast – Respond quickly to user interactions with silky smooth animations and show no lagging. They utilize very less space than
- Engaging – Feel like a natural app on the device, with an immersive user experience. It solves the issue of internal storage of the device, since the majority of the app runs on the cloud.
Characteristics of a Progressive App are:
- Progressive – Work for every user, regardless of the platform or browser.
- Responsive – Works on all kinda of devices like desktop, mobile or other user wares.
- Connectivity independent – When the network is slow or not reachable the web app should be able to function with the necessary error handling.
- App-like – Feel like an app to the user with app-style interactions and navigation.
- Fresh – Automatically updates with the new features as soon as the feature is deployed.
- Safe – Served via HTTPS to prevent snooping and ensure content hasn’t been tampered with.
- Discoverable – Are identifiable as “applications” thanks to W3C manifests and service worker registration scope allowing search engines to find them.
- Re-engageable – Make re-engagement easy through features like push notifications.
- Installable – Allow users to keep the app on the home screen without the hussle of using the home screen.
- Linkable – Can be shared with the link and donot require any complex installation.
The Future of Mobile Web at Gloify
For the longest time, businesses were restricted to websites to reach out to their audiences, the coming of apps changed all that to letting users interact with your brand on their mobile devices. This greatly changed the way users around the world used the internet, but brands still faced the issue of trying to get users to download heavy apps from the app store, while also dealing with optimizing apps to address storage, design, and adaptability issues.